Scratch Junior Full Course is the stepping stone for any young learner who wants to learn programming. The lessons begin with very simple instructions like importing sprites, changing, and moving them, and then moves toward building animations, postcards, timers, games, and stories. Through the course kids have the opportunity to make an entire aquarium, birthday card for a friend, a ghost story, a snake game, and many more fascinating adventures!
Throughout our Scratch Junior course, kids will learn how to connect blocks together in the right sequence to get the right output. They will learn to control a “Sprite”, or program the sprites to act upon a condition or after a delayed time. Kids will also learn about sequential and inserted cycles as well as broadcasting messages between Scratch Junior programming codes. After each lesson, there is homework provided for students to practice what they have learned. Most importantly, our lessons in this Scratch Junior coding course will encourage students to think logically when building the programming code to avoid errors and bugs. All of that is done via series of interesting projects that can be created within Scratch Junior’s coding framework for fun learning.
Beginner Scratch Junior Lessons (1 – 11)
|Scratch Junior Lesson 1:
|• Installation of Scratch Jr.
|Scratch Junior Lesson 2:
Getting to know motion blocks
|• Learning about Scratch Jr interfaces and how to use Scratch Jr.
|Scratch Junior Lesson 3:
Getting to know blocks of appearance
|• Learning about blocks in Scratch Jr.
|Scratch Junior Lesson 4:
Build a farm
|• Learn how to use sound blocks
• Learn to record sound in Scratch Jr.
• Learn how to import sprite
|Scratch Junior Lesson 5:
|• Change the size of the sprite
|Scratch Junior Lesson 6:
|• Learn how to remove the sprite
• Learn about speed blocks
• Use different speed for sprites
|Scratch Junior Lesson 7:
Flight to Saturn
|• Create a project that implements the use of moving up blocks
• Make a sprite to shrink at the start of the program
|Scratch Junior Lesson 8:
|• Animate a car in a city.
• Applying logic between the distance of an object and its size.
|Scratch Junior Lesson 9:
New Year Greeting Card
|• Learn to make a postcard with Scratch jr.
• Learn to use text in Scratch jr.
• Learn to change page in Scratch Jr.
|Scratch Junior Lesson 10:
|• Learn to use the timer in Scratch jr.
• Animate a story of a 4-season place.
|Scratch Junior Lesson 11:
|• Animate a dancing sprite
• Learn to use a repeat block
Elementary Scratch Junior Lessons (12 – 19)
|Scratch Junior Lesson 12:
|• Animate life in the aquarium
|Scratch Junior Lesson 13:
|• Animate a project about weather
|Scratch Junior Lesson 14:
|• Create a special Birthday card for a friend.
|Scratch Junior Lesson 15:
|• Program a driving car.
|Scratch Junior Lesson 16:
|• Animate a cartoon about ghost
• Learn about hiding and reveal coding blocks in Scratch jr.
• Learn to use a dialog box block
|Scratch Junior Lesson 17:
|• Program an open field with flowers blooming.
• Learn to use message blocks
|Scratch Junior Lesson 18:
Catch Up Game
|• Create a catch-up game.
|Scratch Junior Lesson 19:
Runaway from snake
|• Program a real-life game
• Use an infinite end loop
Intermediate Scratch Jr Lessons (20 – 27)
|Scratch Junior Lesson 20:
|• Create a game to jump over a moving ball
|Scratch Junior Lesson 21:
|• Animate a spooky night.
|Scratch Junior Lesson 22:
|• Create a racing game between 2 toddlers
|Scratch Junior Lesson 23:
Cat in the Jungle
|• Programs the animals of the savannah
|>Scratch Junior Lesson 24:
Go through the magic
|• Create a project to save a fairy in an enchanted forest.
|Scratch Junior Lesson 25:
Magician Against Crabs
|• Create a game of wizard fighting a crab
|Scratch Junior Lesson 26:
Fight with Dragon
|• Create a dragon fight game
|Scratch Junior Lesson 27:
Dialog in the school
|• Animate a simple story
Advanced Scratch Junior Lessons (28 – 35)
|Scratch Junior Lesson 28:
Catch a peach
|• Programming a video game of catching peaches
|Scratch Junior Lesson 29:
Flight through Asteroids
|• Program a game of a rocket ship avoiding asteroids
|Scratch Junior Lesson 30:
Ship and Whales
|• Program a game of a ship avoiding whales on the sea
|Scratch Junior Lesson 31:
Fairy catches stars
|• Program a game of fairy collecting stars
|Scratch Junior Lesson 32:
|• Create a maze game
|Scratch Junior Lesson 33:
Frog and flies
|• Create a game of frog catching flies
|Scratch Junior Lesson 34:
Quest Part 1
Scratch Junior Lesson 35:
Quest Part 2
|• Create a quest game for a cat
• This project is about a cat on a quest. There are 4 different scenes, in which in the first scene the cat needs to collect flowers before going back home. Then, In the second scene, the cat needs to grab a ball and a cake before going to bed. Next, the cat and the bed will fly into the next scene. In the third scene, the bed and the cat will continue flying across space. In the third scene, it will fly until it reaches a moon (a sprite) and moves to the last scene. In the last scene, the cat will be landed on the moon and aliens will greet him